Wednesday 23 December 2009

Almost the big day ...

...and I'm still making cards! Typically, I've yet to make my parent's card which means I'll have to hand it over to them on the day itself. I think I'm going to carry on making Christmas cards until January, just whilst all the inspiration is still around. And anything that gives me a head start on next year is an added bonus!








Here are a couple of cards that I did manage to mail out in time! I love using sketches at this time of year, it makes the creative process a lot quicker for me, which is useful as I'm one of life's procrastinators! The first card uses one of this years So Jolly Magnolia stamps. I love this little girl waiting for a kiss under the mistletoe. I showed DH this card hoping for some kind of 'that's nice' and was rewarded with an umpphh! To which, I asked 'Don't you like it?' and he replied with 'It's just another one of your cards using that weird mouthless troll girl'!!! Is he mad? How can possibly compare Tilda to a troll?

I didn't have the right colour flowers so I've used three pearl gems in the left-hand corner instead. You can just about make them out in the photo!


Paper: Basic Grey Wassail

Colours: Copics and Promarkers

Punches: I used my Fiskers punch for the borders, cut a circle with my Martha Stewart circle cutter and used nestabilities for the scalloped circle.

Sketch: Sketch Saturday #82



The card below is using another sketch but I completed this one a while ago and I'm not sure whose sketch it was, sorry. Apologies also for not cropping the photo. I hadn't realised it was so bad until I uploaded it. The stamp is a cute Sugar Nellie one.




1 comment:

Emily said...

Love these cards really beautiful x